free web tracker soliloquies: a lame day for me, but a memorable day for him

soliloquies

so・lil・o・quy/- n. [C,U] a speech in a play in which a character talks to himself or herself, so that the audience know the character's thoughts.

Monday, August 16, 2004

a lame day for me, but a memorable day for him


I woke up at 9:30 this morning, cycled to downtown, ordered print out of Bali pics at the photo place, had a haircut, renewed my commuter pass, bought some bread, cucumbers, and pork which my mom asked me to do, received the printed pics, and cycled home. That's just about it.

The news came into me this morning from my father at our breakfast table. Yes, Kitajima has won the Gold Medal in men's 100m breaststroke,
which had been his goal since the Sydney Olympics. I'm not patriotic, and I don't really care whether Japan, as a country wins or loses in the Olympics events. Besides, the amount of people interested in the Olympics on a worldwide basis is declining game by game, which although I think is unfortunate, is true statistically.

But I think Kitajima, as an individual athlete, is the type I adore and respect the most, because he has set up goals in all of the upcoming tournaments, and is acheiving all of it by going through harsh and tough training. And most of all, he's young and still has a long lifespan remaining of his career. I believe he will remain in the history of swimming, and in the minds of many.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home