free web tracker soliloquies: wall

soliloquies

so・lil・o・quy/- n. [C,U] a speech in a play in which a character talks to himself or herself, so that the audience know the character's thoughts.

Saturday, December 11, 2004

wall


Today, I saw about 5 foreign people(a term I prefer over "foreigner", in the same way I try not to use the term "gaijin" in Japanese) during the 30 minutes I spent biking. Although its pace is slow, a wave of internationalization is gradually coming to Japan, I guess.

Anyway, is there a thick, concrete, invulnerable wall surrounding me? I always try to send and am sending all these "nice stuff" out and I always have this "thing" in my mind, but I don't think these efforts are being recognized by the targeted person. This really depresses me...am I overexpecting in the first place? Does everyone not have enough thoughtfulness inside them to send me back these "nice stuff" of any sort I constantly try to send out? Who knows...it's just a wave that keeps on coming and going inside me in an unperiodic intervals...

Another thought. I thought that the condition of which someone has gotten used to these "nice stuff" is really scary, because then you'll not be able to appreciate and understand the happiness you are getting from its reception. When that person loses them, then he/she would finally be able to understand the preciousness of them for the first time...but by that time, it's too late. People should appriciate all the support he/she is getting from people that surround him/her, whatever the status that person is in. The higher the status, more appriciation and thankfulness should be given back to him/her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home