free web tracker soliloquies: the terminal

soliloquies

so・lil・o・quy/- n. [C,U] a speech in a play in which a character talks to himself or herself, so that the audience know the character's thoughts.

Monday, November 22, 2004

the terminal


I would love to go see a movie or movies NOW, even though I am watching a lot of DVDs at home. I just don't feel like entering "final exams week" without having any fun before it...unfortunately, this will could be difficult to realize.

First of all, I can't seem to find any movie I'm interested in that is currently in the theaters. I was somewhat interested in "The Collateral", but it's kind of outdated now, since the premiere dates back all the way to October 30. Notable movies beside "The Collateral" include, "The Incredibles", "Howl's Moving Castle", "Around the World in 80 Days" and "The Polar Express". Unfortunately, I'm not really into animations/fantasies, which gets rid of all those selections currently available. Secondly, the clock is ticking moment after moment and the test is approaching every second. Well, I don't really have much intention of studying, even though this is our "final" finals and it's one of the main factors the school uses for recommendation. I wonder where all this confidence is coming from. I hope I don't screw everything up, since I did pretty well last trimester.

I tend to favor movies that premiere during the holidays. Wait, am I being sucked into the tactics movie distributors are using against consumers? lol Anyway, I saw a lot of movies in theaters last winter too. The movie I'm really interested that has a specific premiere date set already is "The Terminal". It is directed by Steven Spielberg and it starrs Tom Hanks and Catherine Zeta-Jones. Tom Hanks is Viktor Navoski, a citizen of an imaginary Eastern-European country named Krakoziya, who came to New York to carry on his "promise". Unfortunately, there was a military coup in his home country on his way to New York, which invalidates his visa and passport, locking him in the airport terminal, which gives him no other choice but to live in the terminal. This movie premiered in June in the States and DVDs are supposed to be available on the 23rd. What a rip off! Well, there are somethings only theaters can offer...by the way, its premiere date is December 18. I can't wait! lol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home