free web tracker soliloquies: gemini

soliloquies

so・lil・o・quy/- n. [C,U] a speech in a play in which a character talks to himself or herself, so that the audience know the character's thoughts.

Tuesday, December 14, 2004

gemini


Streak of light crossing the Orion...

Unfortunately, the apperance of clouds had terminated my observation a bit early, but I was able to see 7 meteors during the 20 minutes I had stargazed. Today was supposed to be the maximum of the Gemini Meteor Shower. Not bad, since we were expecting to see around 20-30 per hour.

Stars were so beautiful...twinkling. I was even able to see the Milky Way couple of weeks ago. That's how clear the sky is here, I guess. Rural, but beautiful.

Sirius, Rigel, Betelgeuse, Pleiades, Saturn, Procyon...these are some of the stars I was able to identify. Just...beautiful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home