free web tracker soliloquies: global warming...?

soliloquies

so・lil・o・quy/- n. [C,U] a speech in a play in which a character talks to himself or herself, so that the audience know the character's thoughts.

Tuesday, July 20, 2004

global warming...?


For one of our "culture festival" projects, our class's representative, Mina and I went to the faculty's room after class, and asked the native teachers' in our school for their participation today. The planned project is the "Chinese whispers" in Japanese, (hopefully) conducted by all of the native teachers in our school, which its aim is to check out whether or not the native teachers in our school are able to exercise and communicate in Japanese. We were able to bring in two of the teachers in today's negotiation, and also secured ourselves backup from Mr. L. He told us that he will inform the teachers via e-mail in advance, before the shootout planned in September.

Anyway, after we asked Mr. L. for his favor, we went over to Mr. G. and asked his help also. The explanation and the negotiation went well, and we were able to receive his help too. When we were about to leave after the explanation was finished, Mr. G. told me that I had 'strange colour', which I interpreted that I had pale complexion. I smiled back at him and answered that I may have sunburnt from yesterday's ballgame, but in my mind, I thought he had a point.

This summer, the weather is really off. It has been over 35C everyday, and it's really tough for me to handle. Also, the temperture gaps between outdoors and indoors are also causing me dullness. The Japanese call this symptom "natsubate", which is probably translated into something like "summer dullness". Another symptom of this "natsubate" is lack of appetite, which also fits in the condition I have now. My current complexion is probably...burnt, from yesterday's ballgame, red, from the heat, and pale, from the tiredness and dullness, resulting from the weather. In fact, I overslept on the Yokosuka Line today, and ended up in the station after the station I normally use. The photo today was taken there. When will autumn arrive? A.S.A.P., please...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home