free web tracker soliloquies: toreador, en garde, toreador, toreador!

soliloquies

so・lil・o・quy/- n. [C,U] a speech in a play in which a character talks to himself or herself, so that the audience know the character's thoughts.

Wednesday, July 14, 2004

toreador, en garde, toreador, toreador!


Today was the so called "Performing Arts Appericiation" Day, which takes place annually in the Special Curriculum Period. This year, our school went to the New National Theater in Shinjuku to appriciate the opera "Carmen". For your information, we went to the Four Seasons Theater for the musical "Lion King" 2 years ago, and the National Theater for Kabuki last year.

Comment : "Opera is entertaining, and it is a kind of entertainment I would like to see again in the future. But as a returnee from the States, I prefer musicals superior to opera. They are more modern, and well devised. lol"

Hmm...I knew I had more vivid impression towards it right after its finish, but I guess I lost it all on my way home. Don't blame me! The nap on the train back wiped away all of the inspirations I've received today. Damn! How am I supposed to write the comment sheet Mr. "K" assigned us to write...bummer. Shinjuku, correctly Hatsudai IS VERY FARRRRRR from my house. 20 min. on the bus, an hour on the Shonan-Shinjuku Line, and 5 min. on the Keio New Line on my way there. You do the math. It took me longer on my way back, since JR East was not kind enough to offer me the Shonan-Shinjuku Line at that time period. I had to take the Yamanote Line all the way to Shinagawa, and take the Yokosuka Line from there. It's one of the reasons why I never visit Shinjuku. Too inconvinient. Shibuya on the other hand, is very convinient, thanks to the Tokyu Toyoko Line. Cheap AND fast. How's it possible to get any better than this? lol

p.s. Oh yeah, I was able to reserve myself a seat on the Yamanote Line for the first time in my life. How emotional. lol Also, totally irrelavant but, I would love to see the "The Phantom of the Opera", the musical once again. In English, of course.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home