free web tracker soliloquies: day 3 out of 4

soliloquies

so・lil・o・quy/- n. [C,U] a speech in a play in which a character talks to himself or herself, so that the audience know the character's thoughts.

Sunday, October 10, 2004

day 3 out of 4


I just adore writing in these meaningless thoughts of mine onto the cyberworld, especially when I'm bored. The weather today is certainly not a "taifu-ikka"; it's cloudy outside with shower sprinkling now and then. I missed the chance of going to haircut like I've declared yesterday...I slept awfully well last night, which brought me up at 11 AM this morning. Well, it was raining and I wasn't able to use my bicycle as a mean of transportation anyway. I shall try again tomorrow.

So far, I've been cleaning out my closet...I mean my house, throughout the day, since my sister's friend , who has made her temporal return to Japan from Amsterdam is coming over today for a sleepover. My mom and I had been the "clean uppers", while my sister's out, playing or watching basketball. How unfair is that? It's her sleepover afterall. Why are we cleaning and cooking, instead of her, who is the "client" or the main user of the house today? So selfish...also, my sister tends to go out of control on sleepovers. Her demands grow to maximum level, using the family members as servants or butlers for her own purposes. Her actions make herself getting grounded afterwards. I wonder how things will go this time...hehe.

Oh yeah, there's this thought I've been having for quite a while now; the level of representation between English and Japanese. When the English language is used orally, I believe it is easier for people to express their feelings than the Japanese language, because of the variation it has. However when used on MSN, it's the opposite. The only effects you are able to add on to English phrases on MSN or in chatrooms are the punctuation marks and emoticons. On the other hand, in Japanese, you are able to use hiraganas, katakanas, kanjis, big/little characters, hyphen looking characters and so on to express complicated feelings people have more precisely, along with the punctuation marks and emoticons that are also available for use. It's really tough for me to explain this matter with words, to a monolingual...seeing is believing. lol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home