free web tracker soliloquies: still feeling sick

soliloquies

so・lil・o・quy/- n. [C,U] a speech in a play in which a character talks to himself or herself, so that the audience know the character's thoughts.

Tuesday, September 14, 2004

still feeling sick


I wonder why yesterday's blog wasn't uploaded as I intended it to...I wrote in the midst of exhaustion and sickness, killing the sleepiness. Oh well. Anyway, I went to Sakuragicho today to return the books I borrowed from the Prefecturial Library. Even though I had a nice time on my way there, the story of the return itself is boring, so I'll skip that part.

After I returned the books, I walked over to the Minato Mirai side of the station, and went to Vivre, like I always do when I visit Sakuragicho. The purpose was...to get myself some imported drinks that are unavailable here in Japan. Growing up in the States, I've drank a different variety of drinks there. Root Beer, Cream Soda, Mountain Dew, Cherry Coke, Vanilla Coke, Dr. Pepper, Snapples, Pepsi Blue, Upside Down 7UP...the list would be endless.

Some of the drinks listed above are available on selected vending machines, but others are difficult to get your hands on. Pepsi Blue and Vanilla Coke were available in the past, but had retreated from the Japanese market. My selection today was the A&W Root Beer, the Upside Down 7UP. Memorable, just memorable.

In places like Minato Mirai, couples are a commonplace. I've learned how to entertain myself from manwatching from some of my friends, and now it is one of my favorite things to do while walking. Prints written on some of the guy's shirts were hilarious! Let me introduce two from the sightings todaye.

"Some birds build their nest with twigs." Ooh, like I'VE NEVER KNEW THAT.
"Make a wild&Drink milk" Ingredients for "Wild". One teaspoon of sugar, Two cups of milk...NOT.

I wonder if they even now the meanings written on those shirts...oh, another episode. When I visited Bali this summer, I saw a Japanese girl there, wearing a shirt from a popular Japanese brand called "Playboy". I'm curious what those Australians there at the AIRPORT thought seeing that. It was a GIRL that was wearing it, and the print read "PLAYBOY". Hahaha.

By the way, I think I'm still kinda sick...better go to bed early. Bye

p.s. I would love to take a ride on that ferris wheel, before it gets too cold to endure the 15min.? ride.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home