free web tracker soliloquies: mother's day

soliloquies

so・lil・o・quy/- n. [C,U] a speech in a play in which a character talks to himself or herself, so that the audience know the character's thoughts.

Sunday, May 14, 2006

mother's day

Traditionally, many "personal" holidays such as Mother's Day, Father's Day and birthdays are well respected in my family. As you may know, today was Mother's Day.

As far as I can remember, on most Mother's Days in the past, my sister and I have always purchased her flowers and some goods of her request. This tradition continued this year too and we got her some slippers and a lot of flowers, including carnations.

Other than that, I did all the housework for her today. Dishwashing, cleaning, shopping...that sort of stuff. Fortunately, my dad supported my effort by buying dinner for us all tonight. I was planning on making her something, but it would've been really tough to satisfy her with my cooking techiniques...I only specialize in Italian when my mom's favorite is Japanese. lol

Anyway, now I have got to prepare myself for Father's Day which is coming up in about a month. What would make my dad satisfied as much as my mom today...I've still got some time to think, I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home