free web tracker soliloquies: a lot better

soliloquies

so・lil・o・quy/- n. [C,U] a speech in a play in which a character talks to himself or herself, so that the audience know the character's thoughts.

Sunday, June 25, 2006

a lot better

With help from medications, plenty of sleep and heart-warming care...I felt a lot better this morning. Although I was unable to give her a definitive answer last night because of my condition, I decided to accompany my mother to Yokohama today. As you may know already, though reasons may vary, I always go to or pass through Yokohama station and I had absolutely no necessity to go there today, but since I had been craving to drive long distance for a while now, I decided to serve her as the driver, round trip.

My previous drive on a highway dates all the way back to January when I still was a student driver. Obviously, from this fact, I had plenty of anxiety this morning on whether or not I would be able to make it home in one piece. Nonetheless, the drive there was quite pleasant with no traffic and its wide open environment instantaneously brought the car's speed up to 130km/h or 80mph.

Ever since I was 3 or 4, my parents always used the highway route we still use today and I was never able to imagine myself driving on it then. It was a wicked experience when the sceneries you only were able to see from the passenger seats whizzed behind you through the front window from driver's perspective.

We were able to get there in 30 minutes and the city center wasn't as crowded yet. Even though I didn't obtain anything for myself, my mother bought me lunch and some other goodies from the underground food department. My way home was just as pleasant and smooth as the way there and I think I was able to experience some new aspects of being a driver. A satisfying day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home